Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mother Goose

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Here are 2 Mother Goose books- a Golden Shape Book and a Disneyland Record and Book.  The first one is illustrated by Bonnie and Bill Rutherford - they also worked on other really cute books like The Gingerbread Man, The Owl and the Pussycat, The Lion and the Mouse, etc. Didn't you love those books on record as a kid?  And do you now have to explain to your own kids what records and cassette tapes are?  Do you have any cute Mother Goose books that you like to read to your kids? 

4 comments:

  1. Aww, so sweet!

    We have a record player, and my kids have their own records. They've seen a cassette, but we haven't had a working player since the oldest was about 2 years old. We just inherited my late mom-in-law's DVD/VCR combo. I put in a VHS tape to watch, but told them we needed to rewind it first. "What does 'rewind' mean, Mom?"

    Are we getting old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'What does rewind mean?'- LOL!! That is awesome you have a record player- that would be so fun to be able to buy old story records and actually be able to listen to them!

      Delete
  2. I listened to story records when I was little! I still use the word 'tape' all the time, instead of CD -- I am soooooo old!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my record books when I was a kid! This brings back memories. Thanks for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete