Friday, July 5, 2013

Mary Blair

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaWell, I haven't been doing very well so far at getting back to blogging more regularly!  Hopefully now that my scanner issues are worked out I will do better.  Here is the glorious Mary Blair Treasury of Golden Books.  As I turn each page I think to myself "Oh my goodness.  Gorgeous."  It is definitely a treasure.  Mary Blair is best known for her work with Disney, especially the It's a Small World ride which was based on her designs.  Check out my friend Danzel's awesome Mary Blair Pinterest Board for more of Blair's amazing work as well as the YouTube video below.


9 comments:

  1. Isn't it a great book? I do wish I had vintage copies of the original books, but this is the next best thing! I like the larger format, too. (And thanks for the Pinterest shout-out!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wish I had the vintage copies too but this one is great to have as well - so big and bright. :)

      Delete
  2. This is in print now? Wow, its a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I just found it for €13.00. Very happy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be of some help and that you love this book too, Lucy!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful *_* I am on the hunt for this book now! Thank you for sharing those pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, you must get it, you will love it!

      Delete
  5. Also love children's books, especially vintage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Carly - I checked out your blog - love the thrifting adventures!

      Delete