Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Doctor Dan, Numbers, and Mister Dog

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaDoctor Dan the Bandage Man is illustrated by Corinne Malvern - love her.  Numbers is  illustrated by Violet LaMont, best known for her work on Little Black Sambo.  Mister Dog is brought to us by the well-known Margaret Wise Brown (writer of Goodnight Moon, etc) and illustrator Garth Williams (Little House on the Prairie, Charlotte's Web, etc.)  This book is so original, it makes me laugh - 'the dog who belonged to himself', 'Crispin's Crispian', the image of the dog in the housecoat making himself breakfast, etc.  

9 comments:

  1. 2 bandaids included with Doctor Dan! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Doctor Dan on sale but I didn't buy it yet... now you really make me want to get it :) Too cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many fantastic Little Goldens out there!!! I don't think my collection will ever be complete :)

    How are you feeling? How much longer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn! I'm feeling exhausted!! 6 weeks to go! How are you and all the kids?

      Delete
  4. I love that you got 2 band-aids with the Doctor Dan book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doctor Dan is so sweet! Thank you for sharing so many lovely things.

    ReplyDelete