Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Secret Garden






Helloooo!  How was everyone's summer?  We had a nice summer but I am definitely ready for the girls to go back to school, and they are definitely ready to go back too!  Keira will be in grade 4 and Tegan will be in junior kindergarten 3 days a week.  Then it will be just Brielle and I at home on those days. Keira and I recently read The Secret Garden.  We had a different copy than this one when we read it but when I saw this Tasha Tudor illustrated copy in the used book sale area at the library I snapped it up,for 50 cents.  Keira is 8 years old, almost 9, and I still read aloud to her every night.  She is an excellent reader all on her own but I am hoping to read to her or have her read to me as long as she'll let me.  I love experiencing these special books with her.  The Secret Garden was a bit of a tough read-aloud, what with the accents and all, but we enjoyed it.  I especially enjoy the theme of Magic in Frances Hodgson Burnett's novels - we recently read A Little Princess too.  


3 comments:

  1. OH how I need the Tasha version of this book! As soon as J and I wrap our Little House book (On the Shores of Silver Lake), we're going to start on A Little Princess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite book ever! And you can't go wrong with Tudor's illustrations! Wishing your little ones a happy return to school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The secret garden is one of my favourite books, and the Tasha Tudor illustrations just make it that little bit more special.

    ReplyDelete