Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh What a Busy Day - by Gyo Fujikawa

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

This book is my favourite of all my vintage children's books.  I came across some images of it one day as I was looking through some pictures on Flickr.  I saw the picture of the kids in the treehouse and had a weird sense of deja vu - I knew that I had loved that picture and that book as a child.  Isn't it interesting how some images or objects from childhood just sink themselves into our memories?  I was so excited to find this book again that I ordered it for myself from Ebay. This book is sooo sweet - I just love its gorgeous illustrations and cute little stories and poems.  Don't you just want to live inside this book? It was published in 1976.  Gyo Fujikawa was well-known for being one of the first to depict children of many races all playing together - isn't that one of all the kids and animals amazing?  She wrote and illustrated many books - some of which I already own and will blog about in the future, and the rest I hope to collect over the years.  I love that my 5-year-old can now read this book to herself too.



Linking to Cozy Book Hop

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this book before. What beautiful illustrations! No wonder it was one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gyo Fujikawa and just bought this one for Avery to keep her occupied on our long trip back to BC! Love her adorable illustrations. (And I love that photo of vintage you!)

    ReplyDelete