Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Monster at the End of This Book/ Muppets in My Neighborhood

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaI think pretty much everyone has read 'The Monster at the End of This Book' starring lovable, furry old Grover.  Grover is the best!  Much better than that little upstart Elmo!  ;)  Check out The Monster at the End of this Tweet for a modern-day twitter version of the story that will make you laugh! Then we have 'Muppets in my Neighborhood' - both of these books I have here are in board book form.  I just love this one - the illustrations just draw me right in. When I walk by and see this book on the shelf it makes me smile. The modern-day Sesame St. books are just not as cute.  I love vintage Sesame Street.

Linking to The Children's Bookshelf

16 comments:

  1. LOVED The Monster at the end of this book when I was growing up!! Reminds me I don't think my kids have read it. Grover was always one of my favourites. Don't get me started on Elmo :) That Twitter thing is way too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the Iphone app for it too - Keira thinks it's hilarious! The first time she did it she was nervous about whatever scary monster was going to be at the end!

      Delete
  2. My sis and I used to beg my daddy to read Sesame Street books to us when we were little, mostly because he could do the voices. His Big Bird/Oscar voice was pretty close to Carroll Spinney's, but we loved his Grover and Cookie Monster most of all. He would wear his throat out reading The Monster At The End of This Book! And it was one of our favorites, so he had to read it a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you- vintage sesame street books have something special, they really are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this book yet! (I didn't grow up with Sesame Street, unfortunately!).

    Grover is really funny and totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should show Sesame Street to your kids - you will enjoy it, especially the episodes from the old days!

      Delete
  5. this is one of J's favorites!!!!!! she thinks it is SO FUNNY :) -- we also have a vintage Sesame fairy tale book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grover is always funny! I love the skits on Sesame Street where he is a waiter... and Super Grover too!

      Delete
  6. I love all these super bright illustrations, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A classic for sure! Thanks for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry McNaught is a WONDERFUL illustrator. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the monster book from my childhood--great fun! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped by your blog, Jennifer - adorable!!!

      Delete