Thursday, October 24, 2013

Best in Children's Books - Part 2

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaQuite a few well-known illustrators in today's post.  Don Freeman, best known for Corduroy, Peter Spier, who created more than 30 children's books, Feodor Rojankovsky, a Russian illustrator who often depicted beautiful drawings of animals, Richard Scarry, (well, who doesn't know Richard Scarry??) and Leonard Weisgard, who illustrated a beautiful version of The Night Before Christmas, and many other adorable books.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was so happy to see these at a used book sale - quickly grabbed them!

      Delete
  2. Oh I want the Christmas book with the music sheet and lyrics!!! Beautiful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - my mom had the whole set of these when I was young! I always loved the fairy tales best, and I totally remember that 12 Days of Christmas illustration. Weisgard's damsels looked like they stepped out of a Mary Blair vintage illustration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye on the Mary Blair comparison! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Love all of these books. Am still missing about 10 volumes before I have a whole set, but my collection is getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard Scarry illustrated a Henry Huggins book??? Well you learn something new every day! This is utter coolness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Little puppy Book Series contains Three amazing puppy books for kids. This puppy books are really special books for kids. My little puppy bella, my little puppy kirra, my little naughty puppy
    more information then visit:www.mylittlepuppy.com.au

    Amazon best selling kids book

    ReplyDelete