Friday, September 7, 2012

On My Way to Where the Air is Sweet...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Here are 3 Sesame Street Little Golden Books.  The first one - I Think That it is Wonderful - is full of sweet poems.  Be sure to watch the YouTube video for the song version of the title poem- adorable.  My daughters and I recently watched the Sesame Street Old School dvd's and I think I enjoyed them even more than they did. So fun to see clips that I had totally forgotten about and have them whoosh me back to childhood.  Exciting to hear they are going to do a Volume 3 dvd! Also fun to see characters that you don't really see anymore on the modern episodes - Prairie Dawn!  Sherlock Hemlock!  The Count! Herry Monster!  BARKLEY!!!  Aaahhh, those were the days.  :)  The next book, The Poky Little Puppy Comes to Sesame Street, makes me laugh, because it makes me think that the publishers were thinking- Hmm, what 2 cute things can we mash up together....??  Sesame Street?  Cute!  The Poky Little Puppy?  Cute!  A perfect match!!  Let's make some money!!  Heehee... this book is not technically 'vintage' as it was published in the 90's, but I'm including it anyway, especially since The Poky Little Puppy is a vintage character.  The last book is Big Bird's Red Book - that fruit cart guy you see there was in the Old School dvd's quite a bit - can't remember if he actually has a name...


Linking to Kid Lit Blog Hop #1

11 comments:

  1. Love me some classic Sesame Street! I used to read I Think That It is Wonderful to Big Sis over and over again when she was tiny. It was one of her favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Danzel you are too quick - I accidentally published this instead of just drafting it as I hadn't written anything about it yet - you can go back now and see what I wrote about it. :)

      Delete
    2. Tee hee, read it now! The book just caught my eye immediately. We love it.

      Delete
  2. Love Sesame Street (the show and the books)! We have a 25th anniversary musical DVD that takes me back to childhood too. LOL on the cuteness Pokey Puppy/Sesame Street combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GREAT! I just ordered my kiddo the Sesame Street Fairy Tale book ~~ I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book looks SO COOL. There are too many children's books I want to buy...

      Delete
  4. I love that the first book, I Think That it is Wonderful has so many different characters from Sesame Street. It's funny - my kids never got into Sesame Street. Frankly, I think they are slightly frightened of muppets. Strange...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't scared of Sesame Street but I was definitely a little scared of The Muppet Show when I was a kid...!

      Delete
  5. Remember Beaker? He was my favorite! lol oh, and the Swedish Chef! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember watching Sesame Street when I was a kid, and I am 48 years old now! Does anyone know how long it has been on the air? My daughter, as a toddler, called it "C" Street. I was always fond of Cookie Monster, and Snuffleupagus (spelling?) I think Sesame Street is a cultural icon, an institution even! Thanks for linking in to the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriana, yep Sesame Street started in 1969! I'm really enjoying the blog hop, thanks!

      Delete