Monday, July 9, 2012

A Trilogy of Theo LeSieg- In a People House, I Wish I Had Duck Feet, and Come Over to My House

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaFor those of you who don't know, Theo LeSieg is actually Dr. Seuss.  His real name is Theodore Geisel, and LeSieg is Geisel spelled backwards.  These are all such cute books, and I especially like the illustrations on Come Over to My House.  My daughter actually does not really like the book I Wish I Had Duck Feet.  She gets sad as she reads about  some of the things that happen to the main character as he experiences having duck feet, moose horns, an elephant nose, a sprinkler on his head, etc.  Near the end of the book he is imagining if he had all of those things at once - and how he would probably be locked up in a zoo...  my daughter gets very concerned as she sees the upset look on his face in the illustration... then the character decides as the end that he would rather just be himself.  

Linking to Kid Lit Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. I've never even seen I wish that I had duck feet! I'll have to keep my eyes out for that one, hopefully I'll happen upon it while thrifting one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classics. I loved In a People House growing up, and Come Over to My House is so fun to look at. I need to find I Wish I Had Duck Feet now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such classics! I loved "In A People House" and "I Wish That I Had Duck Feet" when I was little.
    Thanks for sharing this with the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure we owned a copy of In a People House when we were growing up. I was chuckling to myself when I saw the pages from I Wish I Had Duck Feet, so I was surprised by your daughter's reaction - how interesting!

    Thanks for linking into the Kid Lit Blog Hop Leanne! Nice to see you there again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my daughter can be unpredictable - sometimes she is wild and crazy and other times suddenly sensitive! :) Somehow I forgot to do the blog hop the last time but this time I am back on track! :)

      Delete