Thursday, July 5, 2012

Little Women - Golden Pleasure Classics Edition

 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaThis is an adapted version of Little Women - so cute, eh?  I read Little Women a few times as a child/teenager as well as its sequels, Little Men and Jo's Boys.  Reading about the school that Jo and Friedrick run together helped me to appreciate him more and to get over Jo and Laurie not being together.  :)  I loved the 1994 movie, I thought it was really well done.

Linking to Kid Lit Blog Hop and The Children's Bookshelf

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Leanne! I'm giving you the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my latest post (will go up in a few minutes) for more info.

    http://FromOverwhelmedToOrganized.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The illustrations for this are beautiful! I love the second from the top.

    Little Women is one of my all-time favorites. I love the 1994 movie, and the Katharine Hepburn version from the '30s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I've seen that classic edition before from my childhood. Love the memories of looking through at the beautiful pictures and trying to figure out which girl I wanted to be. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I completely agree with your feelings of needing to get to know Jo's husband a little more. Thanks for linking into the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Women was one of the first chapter books that I remember reading aside from my vast collection of Black Stallion (and any other horse-themed) books. I really enjoyed the movie with Winona Ryder as well - it was so well-done.

    Thanks for linking into the Kid Lit Blog Hop again Leanne. Hope you are having a nice weekend! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great illustrations! I always enjoy seeing your book choices. Thanks for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete