Friday, July 20, 2012

Two Little Golden Books - "Bible Stories of Boys and Girls" and "Fire Engines"

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaGolden Legacy: How Golden Books Won Children's Hearts, Changed Publishing Forever, and Became An American Icon Along the Way
Little+Golden+Books+Dessert+Plates
Little+Golden+Books+Cone+Hats
Little+Golden+Books+Lunch+Napkins

So apparently about a billion and a half copies of Little Golden Books have been sold to date.  Cool.  I remember I always liked looking at all the characters on the back cover of Little Golden books when I was a kid.  Love these illustrations by Tibor Gergely on the Fire Engines book - am hoping to collect more books that he has worked on.  I really want to get this 'Golden Legacy' book at some point- it looks like it would be a fabulous coffee table book for me to have!!  And ohhhhhh my goodness, look what I found!!!  At http://www.birthdayexpress.com/ !!  Look at these awesome Little Golden books party decorations!!  Paper plates, hats, napkins, all kinds of stuff!  Too exciting!!!

Linking to Cozy Book Hop

3 comments:

  1. Golden Legacy is a wonderful book! The pictures are fabulous, of course, but the text is by Leonard S. Marcus. He is an expert on children's publishing, and the story behind the books is fascinating. I LOVE my Little Golden Books, too!

    The party stuff is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how I love Little Golden Books!! These are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the images in these books are awesome, that has to be why they are so popular still!

    Thanks for linking up with Cozy Book Hop!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete