Hilda at http://fromoverwhelmedtoorganized.blogspot.ca has given me the Liebster Blog award! How fun! This award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, dearest, lovely, valued, nicest, and welcome, etc! The rules for the award are:
- Post about the win on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow them, if you are not already.
- Copy and paste the award button to your blog.
- Present the Liebster blog award to 5 blogs with less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
- Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Share 5 random facts about yourself.
Here we go -
Random Fact #1 - I play the guitar. Not that well, but enough to lead a sing-a-long.
#2 - I have lived in ... I think it's 16 different houses/apartments from birth to my current residence, if I haven't forgotten to count one along the way somewhere.
#3 - It is a miracle that I have managed to have 2 children - I had a phobia of doctors/hospitals/needles/blood/pain etc.... ! Since going through childbirth you'd think that nothing would bother me anymore but it still does a little bit - but I am a LOT better than I was!
#4 - When I was growing up, my grandparents had horses. I never became a proficient rider although I did ride from time to time. That might explain why I read all of the Black Stallion series of books, Black Beauty, etc.
#5- My favourite band is U2. I own all their albums/dvd's and quite a few books about them, have seen them in concert a few times, etc. Have not met them yet as one of my friends recently did though!!
Alrighty! It's time to pass on the awards! I am giving the Liebster Blog award to:
1. http://www.juliasbookbag.com/ Melissa writes about the books that she and her daughter Julia read together - and I am having so much fun reading her posts and agreeing with her about all the fabulous books that she loves.
2. http://www.penpalsandpicturebooks.com/ Great lists of recommendations, and activities to go with books here!
3. http://www.theartofchildrenspicturebooks.blogspot.ca/The title says it all - the beautiful artwork of books for children. A great place to spend some time!
4. http://postapocalyptichomeschool.blogspot.ca/ I am not actually sure if this blog has under 200 followers or not as I don't see a 'followers' button, but I have to give this award as I love the author's explanation for why she needs to buy so many used children's books! Works for me, haha!
5. http://storyphilosophy.blogspot.ca/ How cool is this? Deep philosophical questions to discuss about children's picture books!!