Monday, November 26, 2012

I Was Kissed by a Seal at the Zoo - Helen Palmer

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaI Was Kissed by a Seal at the Zoo is a book by Helen Palmer, the first wife of Dr. Seuss.  This adorable book of photographs shows children at the San Diego Zoo and their adventures with the animals there.  It's neat to see a children's book with pictures of real children, and in black and white, too.  Helen Palmer also wrote the books In a Boogle House, A Fish Out of Water, and Do You Know What I'm Going to do Next Saturday?

I've included a pic of my daughter at the zoo here as well.  She fits right in with those penguins!  :)

Linking to The Children's Bookshelf

3 comments:

  1. Omigosh, I love this!!! What a cool book!!! I confess, I've never seen any of her books, so this is a happy discovery for me! :o)

    (Off subject - We have a penguin thing just like that at our zoo. I like to photograph the girls to see how tall they're getting each time we go.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love posting about people's old favourites but I also love posting about books that are new to people! That's funny you guys have the same penguin thing. :)

      Delete
  2. This books looks so fun. It reminds me of the sea lion show at the aquarium. My boys won't let the sea lion kiss their noses, though! Thanks for linking up again to TCB. Pinning this.

    ReplyDelete