Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Retro TV and Toys for The Very Young- Monchichi

I was so excited last year to see that Monchichi are back!  I was at Chapters and I immediately bought one to give to my baby daughter for Christmas.  Then at Easter I saw one at Shopper's Drug Mart and nabbed that one.  And now just the other day I bought a mini-Christmas ornament one, at Chapters again. (see photo below.) I remember I had a mini-Monchichi when I was a kid.  These Japanese stuffed toy monkeys were first released in 1974.  Check out this clip from YouTube of Monchichis, produced by Hanna-Barbera, and also this Monchichis commercial.  I love the 80's!!!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know Monchichis had been around that long. They just scream 1980s to me. I still use the word "Monchichi" as a term of endearment for the daughters, but of course, they have no idea what a Monchichi is. They just think Mom made up another word again. :o) I should show this post to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MONCHICHIS!!!! I got one for Julia last yr. I am so happy to have this video, I was trying to sing the song for J and failing miserably...

    ReplyDelete